Ingredients in African Black Soap
Are you wondering
what are the ingredients in African Black Soap??
Well, African Black soap is believed to contain active base ingredients that are credited to its prominence and are the reason behind the successful penetration of black soap in the market. For any product, its efficiency and effectiveness is directly proportional to its ingredients.
- Palm oil: The African palm tree contains fruit seeds that are used to derive palm oil. This ingredient is credited for the anti oxidants present in black soap. The oil also contains Vitamin E elements, Tocopherols and Tocotrienol which are attributed to the treatment capability of acne and eczema.
- Shea butter: This ingredient, also known as karite butter, name derived from the karite tree, in which the shea butter is extracted. Shea butter in black soap is attributed to the protection of skin against sunburns. It also contains moisturizing and healing effects.
- Lye component: This is a byproduct derived in the production of shea butter. Mostly contains ashes of cocoa pods, shea tree bark and plantain skins.
- Cocoa pod ash: This is made from roasted cacao beans. This ash is used in the preparation of cocoa butter.
- Plantain skin: Plantain skin is burned and roasted to produce some ash. In cases where this is not available, it is substituted with cocoa pod ash. The best results however are achieved by a mixture of both ashes.
- Coconut Oil: During the production of black soap, base oil is needed. This is achieved by pressing the coconut palms. The oil is used to provide moisturizing properties of black soap among other healing properties.
- Cocoa butter: This is extracted from the cocoa bean. This is the ingredient that gives black soap its moisturizing effect and also, attributed to healing properties of skin problems.
- Palm Kennel Oil: This is another ingredient that natives extract from the palm tree seeds. The anti bacterial anti fungal properties of black soap are attributed to this ingredient.
A combination of the above ingredients helps in making the black soap as effective.
Just to be safe, use the soap only if you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. Not many will have any reactions, but then again, bodies react differently.